Skip to main content

Finding My Passion - Music.

"Sometimes life gives you an answer when you look for it". It is a little cheesy isn't it?
But sometimes the cheesy things in life matter. Particularly in my case.
So when i was 7-8 years old, i took music lessons, i used to learn to play the keyboard. And to be honest i wasn't even interested in it. So after taking Unfruitful lessons for 2 years i stopped learning. However, as i grew up, i got exposed to bands like Coldplay, OneRepublic,
Imagine Dragons, etc. I started to listen more, Music from the 70s, 80s, which really made me love music in general. So for me, the constant exposure to the art made me love it.  So i subsequently started taking guitar lessons. But i didn't quit this time. I fell in love with the instrument. I left taking the lessons and started learning on my own. I watched tutorials, looked up chords and what not. I wanted to learn more. I went on to start learning music production as i was really curious about the whole music making process.
More learning took place..and then i got to a point where i started questioning about my purpose in life, my ultimate dream. I was confused and doubtful about pursuing music as there was so much competition around. I was so stressed and confused. But then i closed my eyes and tried to picture my view of success. 
I saw a HUGE crowd, lights all around, confetti, a large stage and then there was me..in the middle of it. I had a mic in my hand, i was singing one of my songs and the crowd, full of euphoria cheered me on..The love, the thrill and the euphoria i felt at that moment cannot be explained by mere words. Those emotions made me realize my self worth.
I knew i had to do this, no matter the amount of work it took or the risk involved. I would get to that vision. But then there were doubts. I used to look at other successful musicians and literally feel that i was not on that skill level and that i should probably go and settle for less. But if the desire for greatness is strong, no amount of self doubt can surpass that. 
So i started practicing - Guitar, piano, singing, music production, composing etc. 
But i started when i was 15-16 years old, not like those already successful musicians which started at an early age. I thought it was too late for it. But i went on with that doubt in my mind. 
And i'm still not a pro by any means..but i'm going on. But at least i found an answer to what my passion really was. It's a step in the right direction.
So for inspiration and motivation as to how to lead my life the right way, not just in music, but generally in life, i read a lot of inspirational books, biographies, etc. These books really helped me set goals and focus on them and never give up. For me reading books is like expanding your mind..you learn a lot from them. Props to the extremely talented authors.
So through my blog - Life Of An Aspiring Musician, i hope to inspire other visionaries and aspiring musicians by sharing stories and tips which i hope would guide you and motivate you.

These were some books that really inspired me and i hope they would help you too!
Check them out:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Successfully Kick Off Your Career As A Singer/Songwriter

Have you recently decided that you want to pursue your passion for music, but have no idea where to start? If you’ve been doing music as a hobby for a while now and you want to get more serious, you’re in the right place. In this blog, I cover all the major pieces and beginning steps you will need to think about when setting the foundation for your music career as an independent artist. Even if your end goal is to sign with a major music label , I think you still need to apply these steps. Just know that in the current climate of the music industry, thanks to the internet, you are no longer dependent on music labels to make a career in music, especially the majors.  You have the freedom to do it yourself. If you have chosen to become a professional singer or songwriter, Congrats for choosing one of the most difficult professions. According to one study the chances of becoming a successful singer is just 0.0003% imagine that. But that’s not a problem if you are determined

Top 10 Best Guitar Brands

They say the best comes from the best . This particularly applies to the best guitars in the world. Guitars are one of the most popular and loved instruments of the world. And while choosing one for yourself, you want it to be from the top makers of this instrument.  These brands have been in the business for a lot of time and are leading experts in guitar-making. The quality they provide is unmatched by any other brand... However, the more beautiful guitars they make, the more pricey they get! But in order to get premium quality, you need to pay a hefty price. It's a direct relationship..  But for  beginners, i would recommend to invest in a slightly lower and cheaper mode l and then subsequently increase your budget and save up for a premium one as your skills develop and you gain experience in the art. [Check out my post where i explain how to  Practice  your instrument the right way :) ] Talking about the brands, their guitars are used and recommended by legendary

Get Your Practice Sessions Right.

When i took the decision to set out on my musical journey, i knew that it would take monotonous practice to get there. So i started practicing like hell..i would just pick up my guitar or any other instrument and ramble on for hours. But did that made me good at them? Not at all.  Practice smart, not hard . Cause practicing hard doesn't always mean that you are practicing the right way and learning new things.  But i didn't realize that. I would just grab my instrument and start singing my favorite songs and call it "practice".  And this showed in my playing skills too.  I wasn't able to play correctly. You too must've experienced this too while learning your instrument.. So what's the best way to tackle this problem? Well according to me, there a handful of solutions for how to practice your instrument the right way: Pick a certain aspect concerning you, and then practice it: Instead of mindlessly playing your instrument, pick a certa